Studying abroad is a dream come true for many students. Learning in totally different new countries while experiencing a whole new country with its distinct culture, food, traditions, etc is like a fairy tale. Learning a new language, studying in a completely different education system and experiencing new social and cultural varieties is a very transforming experience for the students. There are many tests which make this dream of students come true and let them study in some of the best universities of the world like in US, Canada, Australia, Singapore, etc. This experience helps in the overall growth of the students and help them to be more problem-solving.
Many tests allow you to have admission to foreign universities like IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, GRE, etc. GRE coaching in Indore is famous in this respective. Here we will be understanding more about the GRE given by students to get admission in top universities of the US and Canada. The Graduate record examination is a standardized test owned and administered by educational testing services. It was first conducted in 1936 by the Carnegie Foundation for advancements in teaching. It is a skill-based test that tests our analytical writing, quantitative reasoning, and verbal reasoning. The score validity is up to 5 years. This test helps you to score admission in the masters and doctoral degree programs of various foreign universities. It is a widely accepted test for graduate admissions.
There are two types of GRE test:
- GRE general test: – this test helps you score admission in the top MS courses in the various universities of the world in various fields. This test checks the analytical writing, quantitative ability and verbal reasoning skills of the candidate. The test is conducted all through the year and the candidate can take it as per his/her convenience
- GRE subject test: – it evaluates the candidate’s knowledge of a particular subject. The subject test is conducted on the following topics like mathematics, literature, physics, psychology, chemistry, biochemistry, etc.
There exists no specific eligibility criteria for the GRE. Anyone can register for this exam irrespective of age and qualifications. The only thing required in the original passport as an identity proof at the centre of the exam so that the one could appear in the GRE. Students are expected to at least possess a graduate degree in any discipline from some recognized university. The GRE examination fee is US $205 which is approximately equal to INR14699 for the general test. The GRE subject test costs US$150 which ultimately translates into INR 10756.
To register for the GRE the candidates need to make an account on the ETS websites. Then they select the type of test they want to undertake that is GRE general or GRE subject test. Select the date when they want to take up their chance and choose the nearest centre. The candidates also need to give their academic details and proceed ahead by giving a fee of $205. The syllabus for the general test is as given below:
- Analytical writing: here they examine the ability of the candidate to understand complex ideas, support them with relative reason and examples, have a well-focussed discussion with a good command over the elements of standard English.
- Verbal reasoning: the topics one needs to go through for this section are
- Basic sentence structure
- Verb tense
- Pronoun agreement
- Idioms and idiomatic expressions
- Quantitative reasoning: the different topics under this section are
- Ratio and proportion
- Profit and loss
- Simple and compound interest
- Permutations and combination
- Set theory
- Linear equations
- Pipers, cisterns, work and time
- Profit and loss
- Volume and surfaces etc
GRE coaching in Indore is famous to achieve the desired result in this examination. One can enrol into the classes of these coaching centres and secure themselves a seat. But one must not forget that hard work is the key to success and one need to rub his butt off to get the university of his choice.